Thank you for your interest in joining Teach!
Our Summer 2020 application is closed.
Login to your account here.
Need to talk to someone from the team? Email us at email@example.com
Register for your Praxis here.
***Please refer to the “COVID-19” tab for information regarding Praxis during this time.***
LRCE Update for Summer 2020 Institute – We’re Still On (with a few changes!)
Given the current COVID-19 situation and the implications that might have on teacher training at LRCE here are a few updates.
- We are shifting to online training. LRCE is ready with the highest quality virtual training and support – the same individualized support that led to LRCE training the 2017 & 2018 Louisiana State Teachers of the Year and the 2019 National Milken Teaching Award winner (who right now are leading the charge in teaching virtually!)
- Praxis Testing – Testing centers are closed until further notice and LRCE’s application process can accommodate this change. You can wait on the Praxis and still move through the rest of our application steps without your Praxis scores all the way up to being provisional acceptance into our 2020 summer institute. You will still need to pass the test for licensure, but you can take the tests at a later date.
- Apply Now – Teachers are the epitome of everyday heroes! The sooner you apply, the better we are able to support you in your dream of becoming a teacher.
As over 1800 LRCE program alumni and our hundreds of partner schools have experienced since 2004, LRCE creates champion teachers for Louisiana’s students. We’re excited for you to be next. As always, if you have questions feel free to reach out to the LRCE team at any time!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
First and foremost, applicants must have an intense desire to learn – sometimes called a growth mindset. Our experience training thousands of teachers including the 2017 & 2018 Louisiana State Teachers of the Year and the 2019 Milken Educator Award winner have shown that an applicant’s desire to learn is fundamental to their ability to effectively reach students.
Minimum Requirements: In order to receive full licensure, LRCE Teach! applicants must have bachelor’s degree, passing scores on the ETS Praxis Core (5752) exam – often referred to as Praxis I, and pass the Praxis tests for their certification area –often referred to as Praxis II (or content). Applicants do not need to have taken Praxis PLT, Special Education Mild to Moderate Applications, Teaching Reading, or World Language Pedagogy prior to applying to the program prior to institute. If you have questions, please reach out with the Learn More button above.
Can I be exempt from Praxis exams?
The Praxis Core (5752) exam requirement can be met by one of the following: An ACT composite score of 22 or higher -or- A SAT combined verbal/critical reading and math score of 1030 -or- An earned master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. Passing Praxis content exam (Praxis II) scores are required for all areas of licensure in Louisiana.
Can I apply if I haven’t taken or passed required Praxis (Core or Content) exams?
Yes! And we recommend that you do apply so that we can help you navigate your testing requirements. Many of our teachers come to us without having met the requirements for full admission into the LRCE program. Our staff is happy to assist.
What is the deadline to apply?
We accept applications for our Summer and Fall Institutes on a rolling basis throughout the year. Interested in applying? Reach out to us!
Applications for Fall 2020 and Summer 2021 training cohorts are open!
LRCE Teach! offers initial teacher certification in the following areas:
Early Childhood (Grades -3)
Elementary Education (Grades 1-5)
Foreign Language (Grades K-12)
Middle School (Grades 4-8)
English Language Arts
Secondary (Grades 6-12)
English Language Arts
Dual Certification in Special Education
LRCE Teach! also offers Special Education Add on endorsement to your current valid Louisiana teaching certificate.
How much does the LRCE Teach! Program Cost?
Total program fees for initial certification are $4,720. This is broken into two phases:
$2,350– due by the beginning of institute. Includes an institute fee and an initial license fee
$2,370– broken into installments of $265 a month for 9 months once you begin teaching
Total program fees for Special Education Add on Certification are $3,530
While LRCE does not offer scholarships or assistance with program fees directly, we are always happy to discuss flexible payment arrangements for extreme needs or refer you to one of our many district partners who offer full or partial reimbursement of your program fees.
Why does your training focus on in-person modeling and practice?
Training teachers to teach, live and face-to-face is the fastest and most efficient way to develop excellence. Our alumni’s results have proven this year after year and our district and school partners recognize the value of an LRCE-trained teacher by hiring hundreds of our graduates each year and sending dozens of candidates to LRCE for further training.
What would my training look like at LRCE?
Step 1: The Institute
Seven weeks of training on general topics such as:
- Classroom Management
- Psychology and Development
- Lesson Planning
Content-specific workshops are provided based on certification area. Examples include:
- Teaching Reading
- Literacy Across the Curriculum
- Special Education Mild-to-Moderate Applications
- The Early Childhood Classroom
Step 2: Practitioner teaching
180 Days in the Classroom
Monthly Saturday Seminars 9am – 4pm
- Participants teach full-time for a state-required minimum of 180 days with a Practitioner’s License in any state-approved public, private or charter school in Louisiana while receiving full-time salary and benefits from the school/district.
- One Saturday per month, from 9am to 4pm, Practitioners attend training seminars at LRCE.
- During this same time period, each Practitioner receives guidance and observation feedback from an assigned LRCE Practitioner Development Coach.
Step 3: Certification
All Practitioners Require:
- Completion of one full school year (180 Days) teaching with Practitioner’s License
- Satisfactory recommendations from Principal, Practitioner Development Coach and Program Director
- Regular attendance at Saturday Seminars (to meet contact hour requirements)
- Full and timely payment of tuition
- Passing score for PRAXIS Principles of Learning & Teaching exam (World Languages Pedagogy for Foreign Language):
- Early Childhood (5621);
- Grades K – 6 (5622);
- Grades 5 – 9 (5623);
- Grades 7 – 12 (5624); or
- World Languages Pedagogy (5841)
Early Childhood, Elementary and Special Education Participants Also Require:
- Passing score for PRAXIS Teaching Reading exam (5206)
Special Education Participants Also Require:
- Passing score for the Special Education and Mild-Moderate Applications exam (5543)